fbpx
Dechoker UK
1 Billing Road, Northampton, NN1 5AL We are always here to help 0330 223 1320
0

When a person begins to choke, virtually everyone begins to panic.

That's because nearly everyone has experienced the feeling of terror when an object becomes stuck in their airway and they can't breathe.

When this happens, it's not long before the person becomes unconscious. If the object remains, brain death is expected after just 10 minutes.

Dechoker uses directed suction to remove an obstruction and clear the airway in seconds. A stand-alone device, it requires no batteries, there are no settings and almost anyone can use it.

What's more, it can be used when the person choking is either lying down or sitting up, for example in a dining chair or wheelchair.

Every customer has a different requirement. Feel free to get in touch and we will work with you to help support both the people in your care, and the people that deliver it.

Some Of Our Clients

Blog

DeChoker discuss choking on Spanish 'This Morning'

DeChoker discuss choking on Spanish 'This Morning'

Warning of the dangers of choking in the lead up to Christmas, DeChoker appeared on Spanish TV's equivalent of the This Morning last week. The segment on Canal Sur's daytime show also included...

read more
Another week. Another 2 choking deaths avoided with DeChoker

Another week. Another 2 choking deaths avoided with DeChoker

Once again, 2 clients at almost opposite ends of the country have reported calling on their DeChoker devices when faced with a resident in a choking emergency. This time in Plymouth, Devon and again...

read more
DeChoker: Tips on reducing choking incidents in Adult Care

DeChoker: Tips on reducing choking incidents in Adult Care

Prevention is better than any cure. And whilst DeChoker can be used to help in a choking emergency, if the need can be avoided in the first place this is clearly better for everyone. In the current...

read more

News

DeChoker discuss choking on Spanish 'This Morning'

DeChoker discuss choking on Spanish 'This Morning'

Warning of the dangers of choking in the lead up to Christmas, DeChoker appeared on Spanish TV's equivalent of the This Morning last week. The segment on Canal Sur's daytime show also included...

read more
Firefighter who saved choking child at Birmingham Airport named Whitchurch’s Citizen of the Year

Firefighter who saved choking child at Birmingham Airport named Whitchurch’s Citizen of the Year

A firefighter who saved a child’s life in an airport, minutes before his flight was due to leave, has been named Whitchurch’s Citizen of the Year. Keith Robinson has been a firefighter for...

read more
Hull 'Family man' died after choking on his Sunday roast dinner

Hull 'Family man' died after choking on his Sunday roast dinner

A beloved family man died after choking on a Sunday roast dinner at his daughter's home. Stefan Laws died on November 25 last year after going round to her house in Goole, Hull. At the inquest into...

read more