Reported by Dublin Live yesterday, a Cork mother was left facing every parent’s nightmare when her child began to choke on pringles during an Aer Lingus flight to Turkey.
Lisa Murray was bringing her child Miley Rose Spillane on her first every holiday to Izmir when the frightening incident occurred.
They left Dublin Airport at 3:30pm on Saturday afternoon on flight EI798 and were about two hours into the journey when Miley Rose, who turns two in two weeks, began to choke.
Posting on Facebook, Lisa described the traumatic event, saying: “From the bottom of my heart I want to thank Aer Lingus staff and customer service, especially this girl Chloe.
“Tonight I witnessed my child’s life nearly taken from her. She nearly choked to death on the plane, she turned blue choking on a pringle. It got lodged in her throat and she was choking she was practically losing consciousness at this stage but she managed to get it up thank God.
“I was panicking and screaming she’s choking and the whole plane was in a panic.”
She added: “I got the fright of my life and I’m still shaking. I’m just thankful that she’s here in my arms now next to me and we can enjoy our holidays.”
Lisa performed the Heimlich Manoeuvre on Miley Rose but said that Chloe was the real hero of the situation.
“Chloe calmed the whole plane down and took Miley Rose under her wing as if she was one of her own.
“She was so professional making everyone comfortable and able to enjoy their flight.”
Speaking further to Dublin Live, Lisa said that Chloe was a ‘life saver’ and that she plans on treating her to a gift to say thanks.
“We were flying to Izmir in Turkey. The Aer Lingus staff were so helpful but none more so than Chloe Stapleton Moore.
“The whole plane was in a panic. There was people running out of their seats screaming. My child was blue at one stage.”
“Chloe took her and calmed everyone down, I would have died if she hadn’t been on that plane.”
Both mum and daughter are on holidays in Turkey for one week
The pair had been in the air for about two hours when Miley choked on the food but luckily, the incident took about a minute to resolve but it was the longest 60 seconds of Lisa’s life.
“It felt like it was happening for ages. It was when I seen her struggling for breath that I knew something was wrong.
“After that, Chloe just came up and took her as if it was her own baby and she had her walking up and down the plane, playing around and minding her. The whole flight was worried sick.
“It was a happy ending though thankfully and now she’s able to enjoy her first holiday.”