• Another week. Another 2 choking deaths avoided with DeChoker

    Once again, 2 clients at almost opposite ends of the country have reported calling on their DeChoker devices when faced with a resident in a choking emergency.

    This time in Plymouth, Devon and again in Ormskirk, Lancashire where care staff were faced with a resident in a severe choking emergency.

    At Hamilton House in Plymouth, a resident began to choke during dinner. Staff attempted to try and remove the obstruction using back blows and abdominal thrusts however the obstruction remained.

    With the resident losing consciousness, their DeChoker was deployed and the food removed allowing the resident to breathe again.

    A similar occurrence in the Lancashire town of Ormskirk just a few days later when another care home was faced with a resident choking on their food.