The CQC have rated a Kent Care Home as Inadequate after an inspection found residents at risk of choking. This included inspectors witnessing unsafe practices during the inspection.
The provider had been ask to complete an action plan at a prior inspection where failings had also been previously highlighted.
Inspectors found that Choking risks to residents had not been appropriately addressed.
They also witnessed one resident eating their meal whilst lying flat in bed and with no carer present.
Another resident’s record highlighted a GP had advised pureed meals, however they had been given a roast dinner on the day of the inspection.
Staff training and induction were not adequate to give staff the skills to safely carry out their roles. Some residents had diabetes, Parkinson’s and epilepsy and no staff had undertaken training in these areas. Records on residents were neither complete nor accurate.
Chimnies Residential Care Home had been rated “requires improvement” at the last inspection in November.
Source: Kent Live