A man who choked to death whilst eating a steak according to an inquest heard this week.
The Isle of Wight Coroner’s Court on Tuesday, heard how Christopher David Martin, 74, was eating the steak when a piece became lodged in his throat.
Mr Martin, a retired accountant, of Freshwater Isle of Wight suffered a hypoxic brain injury, which occurs when the brain is deprived of oxygen for a prolonged period of time.
Coroner Caroline Sumeray said: “Mr Martin was a 74-year-old man who died as a result of choking on a steak.
Source: County Press