Whilst the Dechoker UK team were busy at the Dementia Care & Nursing Expo at the NEC last week, our Dechoker ACD kits were busy saving lives. In this instance a care home resident In Bexley, South London was choking on some food.
Once again, care staff turned to their Dechoker for assistance. With the obstruction removed the carer was able to make a quick recovery.
It’s not just meat that is responsible for people choking. Our feedback reports show that in the elderly, potato and bread are far more common causes of choking.
To find out more about Dechoker ACD and how it works here.