Possible tragedy was avoided earlier this week as a care home in Cheadle, Greater Manchester deployed one of their Dechoker devices as a resident choked on some food.
Food is by far the most common cause of choking across all ages, and is surprisingly more common to result in death in the elderly that than the young.
The provider first deployed Dechoker ACD kits across all of their sites several years ago, with new homes kitted out ahead of opening by default.
Hands-on training is provided to all staff by their group training team and is backed up with eLearning provided by Altura Learning.
Well done to all the team at the care home and the people that support them.