Just days after another Dechoker ACD was used to remove a piece of peeled tomato prevent a choking incident – this time broccoli was the culprit.
Some 30-minutes from the nearest ambulance station, care staff were able to deploy their Dechoker ACD when first aid treatment failed to remove the offending vegetable.
With the obstruction removed and breathing restored, once again no A&E visit was required following medical advice. This saved additional distress to both resident and staff alike.
With the nearest ambulance station and emergency medical assistance some 30 minutes drive across mid-wales, it was clearly fortunate the care provider chose to protect their residents and staff.