A woman died at her home in Lincoln after choking on chicken. Lily Babb, 76, was found unconscious by a carer at her home on March 20th this year.

A LIVES First Responder and an ambulance crew both administered “advanced life support” after finding her in cardiac arrest but nothing could be done to save her, an inquest at Boston Coroners’ Court heard.

The court was told that a large amount of chicken was found in Mrs Babb’s airway and a Post Mortem found the cause of death was choking.

The widowed former office worker, who was living with dementia and Alzheimer’s, had had a previous episode of serious choking while on holiday in the Cayman Islands.

Assistant coroner Marianne Johnson concluded that Mrs Babb, who had lived in Lincoln for about 35 years, died as a result of an accident.

Source/Credit: LincolnshireLive