A 53 year old regular customer died at a Chinese takeaway in Llandudno, North Wales, after choking on a chicken dinner an inquest has heard.

Stephen Kotkowicz, of Caroline Road, Llandudno, who’d been sitting at a table last September 13, had pointed at his throat before falling from his chair, a worker said.

Several people tried to help him before a paramedic arrived. But he died after his airway was obstructed by food at the town’s King’s takeaway.

Coroner John Gittins at Llandudno recorded a conclusion of accidental death. Mr Gittins said: “He ate slowly, normally, sadly things have gone down the wrong way and he has choked.”

Customer hails pub staff after nearly choking to death in Wetherspoons
‘I’m going…’ Last words of Woman who choked to death at Ebbw Vale restaurant