An inquest has heard that a 15-year-old schoolgirl died after choking on food.

Abby Reese Beaumont from Mold, North Wales was taken to Wrexham Maelor Hospital on the 3rd April this year, but later died

Coroner for North Wales east and central, John Gittins,  opened the inquest into the former Mold Alun pupil’s death.

He said “extensive investigations” were carried out during a postmortem and the pathologist gave a provisional cause of death as “foreign body aspiration caused by food stuffs.”

Investigations are continuing and the coroner said a full inquest will be held next year.

Source: North Wales Live