Dechoker UK
1 Billing Road, Northampton, NN1 5AL We are always here to help 0330 223 1320
0

News

Dechoker at NCF Managers Conference

Dechoker at NCF Managers Conference

Dechoker were pleased to be represented at the NCF Managers Forum, where Minister of State at the Department of Health and Social Care spoke to attendees.

Held in November for Managers in social care who come from all over the UK to attend this essential 24 hours to share best practice, latest thinking and innovations, network, and learn first-hand about changes in regulation and quality ratings.

read more
Westwick Group deploy Dechoker across all homes

Westwick Group deploy Dechoker across all homes

With multiple homes including the stunning Old Vicarage in the town of Bakewell, Westwick provide both residential and nursing care across the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.

Other homes in Chesterfield and Worksop have also had the life-saving equipment installed with staff training completed in a single day across the entire group.

read more
Choking patient featured on Casualty

Choking patient featured on Casualty

This Saturday’s Casualty, the BBC drama series about the staff and patients at Holby City Hospital’s emergency department, featured an incident where a patient began to choke whilst on a ward.

The female character, who was also pregnant was slipped a sweet by her daughter despite being Nil By Mouth and on the maternity ward. Whilst eating the sweet she began to fit and it became lodged in her airway.

read more
Inspiring' campaigner died after choking on sandwich

Inspiring' campaigner died after choking on sandwich

An “inspiring” disability campaigner suffered a cardiac arrest after choking on a sandwich in a shopping centre, an inquest heard.

Robert Droy, 44, from Hulse Road in Southampton, died six days later in an Oxford hospital.

He choked on a piece of a sandwich he bought from the Paul bakery in the Westgate Oxford shopping centre.

read more
Prospect Park inquest: Coroner warns of future choking risk

Prospect Park inquest: Coroner warns of future choking risk

A coroner has warned more deaths could occur at a mental health hospital where three people died from choking on food.

Ravi Sidhu has written to Prospect Park Hospital in Reading with concerns about staff communication, training, and the care of patients at risk of choking.

It comes after evidence in a patient’s inquest raised “matters of concern”.

read more
Ambulance choke man's death 'accidental', inquest rules

Ambulance choke man's death 'accidental', inquest rules

The death of a mental health patient who choked on a McDonald’s meal in an ambulance has been ruled accidental.

David Scales, 68, requested the food at Watford Gap services on the M1 in Northamptonshire, as he was taken from London to Leeds on 3 January 2017.

He fell unconscious and died on 11 January at Northampton General Hospital after a week in a coma.

read more
CQC Inspector intervenes to prevent choking incident at inadequate care home

CQC Inspector intervenes to prevent choking incident at inadequate care home

A CQC inspector visiting an ‘inadequate’ Worcester care home had to intervene to prevent a potential “choking hazard” after a person with dementia was given a cake and tried to eat the paper packaging.

Inspectors said staff at Teme Court, in Old Road, Lower Wick, “didn’t always protect people’s right to dignity” citing an occasion when a resident’s jumper had ‘ridden up’ exposing their body and staff had walked past them without offering to help.

read more