fbpx
Dechoker UK
1 Billing Road, Northampton, NN1 5AL We are always here to help 0330 223 1320
0

News

Dechoker donates cost of life-saving equipment to Ex-Armed Forces Care Home Charity on Isle of Wight

Dechoker donates cost of life-saving equipment to Ex-Armed Forces Care Home Charity on Isle of Wight

A Care Home for Ex-Service Men and Women has become the first to install new, anti-choking equipment on the Isle of Wight for the safety of both staff and residents.

St Vincents in Ryde, which was recently saved from closure, took delivery of the Dechoker last week when a team visited the home and trained staff how to use the device.

Every week in the UK, at least 2 care and nursing home residents die as a result of choking related causes. Since April this year Dechoker has prevented 7 choking deaths, and company aims to save 100 lives by 2022

read more
Dechoker at NCF Managers Conference

Dechoker at NCF Managers Conference

Dechoker were pleased to be represented at the NCF Managers Forum, where Minister of State at the Department of Health and Social Care spoke to attendees.

Held in November for Managers in social care who come from all over the UK to attend this essential 24 hours to share best practice, latest thinking and innovations, network, and learn first-hand about changes in regulation and quality ratings.

read more
Westwick Group deploy Dechoker across all homes

Westwick Group deploy Dechoker across all homes

With multiple homes including the stunning Old Vicarage in the town of Bakewell, Westwick provide both residential and nursing care across the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.

Other homes in Chesterfield and Worksop have also had the life-saving equipment installed with staff training completed in a single day across the entire group.

read more
Choking patient featured on Casualty

Choking patient featured on Casualty

This Saturday’s Casualty, the BBC drama series about the staff and patients at Holby City Hospital’s emergency department, featured an incident where a patient began to choke whilst on a ward.

The female character, who was also pregnant was slipped a sweet by her daughter despite being Nil By Mouth and on the maternity ward. Whilst eating the sweet she began to fit and it became lodged in her airway.

read more
Inspiring' campaigner died after choking on sandwich

Inspiring' campaigner died after choking on sandwich

An “inspiring” disability campaigner suffered a cardiac arrest after choking on a sandwich in a shopping centre, an inquest heard.

Robert Droy, 44, from Hulse Road in Southampton, died six days later in an Oxford hospital.

He choked on a piece of a sandwich he bought from the Paul bakery in the Westgate Oxford shopping centre.

read more
Prospect Park inquest: Coroner warns of future choking risk

Prospect Park inquest: Coroner warns of future choking risk

A coroner has warned more deaths could occur at a mental health hospital where three people died from choking on food.

Ravi Sidhu has written to Prospect Park Hospital in Reading with concerns about staff communication, training, and the care of patients at risk of choking.

It comes after evidence in a patient’s inquest raised “matters of concern”.

read more