fbpx
  • Care Home resident avoids A&E after Dechoker intervention

    Lunchtime could have become a very different situation after a Northampton care home resident began to choke on some food.

    In response care staff began to deliver choking First Aid which failed to remove the obstruction, leaving care staff with almost nothing else they could do.

    Fortunately, like all of the homes in the Oakdale Care Group carers had access to a Dechoker device which ensured there was something they could do.

    Having recently completed refresher training using the CPD Certified eLearning course on their exiting eLFY platform, staff new exactly what to do.

    Resident didn’t need to visit A&E

    After a check over Paramedics decided there was no need for the resident to attend A&E, allowing the resident to remain safely in their home.

    An excellent outcome, especially when compared to the potential outcome and the implications as a result of a trip to hospital in the new Covid-19 world.