Christie Dyball whose mother choked and died at Prospect Park Hospital
Miss Roberts, 68, died in September 2017 after she choked on a piece of cake after being placed on a soft food diet, Reading Coroner’s Court heard.
An inspection by the Care Quality Commission earlier this year found staff at the hospital did not know which foods were suitable for soft food diets.
A trust spokeswoman said the investigation resulted in an increase of staff to assess patient diets and specialist training has also been given to nurses and other medics.
Miss Robert’s daughter Christie Dyball, said her family believed had staff “better understood and managed her need for a soft diet”, the grandmother would have “had the opportunity to get better”.
An inquest jury concluded inadequate care at the hospital contributed to Miss Roberts’ death.
Inquests into two other deaths have been scheduled for 2019.