Teesside Live reported this week that a passenger stepped in to save a 4-year-old girl who he awoke to find choking aboard a Ryanair flight from Spain.
The Middlesbrough resident, named as Jordan Lowrie, managed to remove the sweet that was blocking the airway of little Summer Reed who was returning from holiday with her family.
The incident, where back blows and abdominal thrusts were used to eventually remove the sweet, is one of several near misses we have covered here in recent months involving airlines Aer Lingus, easyJet and Thomas Cook.
With millions of us flying abroad for our summer holidays, sitting for hours and snacking (as we do) it is only going to be a matter of time before someone chokes to death.
Perhaps only then, the UK airlines that have either been ignoring our request to show them what DeChoker can do, or have said they are ‘OK thanks’ might emails us back or change their mind.