An inquest held at Ruthin County Hall in North Wales has heard how the 97-year-old resident had been eating a bowl of porridge and some bacon for his breakfast on 11th December, just a few weeks before Christmas.
Care staff became aware that resident William Povah’s breathing had changed and was struggling for breath. They began to deliver First Aid treatment in an attempt to clear the blockage.
Mr Povah was sadly pronounced dead at 10am and formally identified by care home staff. A post-mortem conducted by a Doctor confirmed the cause of Mr Povah’s death as choking.
A full inquest is due to be held soon.
Source: Daily Post