• MS sufferer dies after choking on sausage roll at care home

    A 47-year-old MS sufferer died after choking on a sausage roll at a care home in Wishaw, Scotland.

    Dad-of-three Richy Passmore was rushed to hospital after the alarm was raised at Beechwood Care Home in Wishaw, Lanarkshire, but he could not be saved.

    Lesley said: “Multiple sclerosis had affected Richy’s motor skills and his short-term memory. His cognitive ability was affected. He was like a little boy.

    “Staff knew he couldn’t be left alone to eat because Richy didn’t realise when he had enough food. He didn’t know to chew and swallow before putting more in.

    Richy’s ex-wife Lesley, 45, said: “Multiple sclerosis had affected Richy’s motor skills and his short-term memory. His cognitive ability was affected. He was like a little boy.”

    Richy was initially cared for at home by his mum Jean, 78. But as his needs became more complex, he moved into Glasgow’s Alexandra Court care home in 2017.

    Source: Daily Record